In my last post, we talked about the PROtivitySM Growth System: an innovative approach to increasing profit and productivity while building business process for scale. In this post, I’m going to focus on how the PROtivitySM Growth System accelerates your productivity, enabling you to make huge strides towards your business goals.
Most entrepreneurs have a pretty good idea of what they need to do, but they just aren’t getting it done. I call this the knowing/doing gap.
In my 25 years as a certified facilitator of Dr. Stephen Covey’s “Seven Habits of Highly Effective People,” I’ve seen entrepreneurs fall into the knowing/doing gap time and time again. I’ve combined Covey’s method with time-tested methods from other authors and thinkers to create the productivity portion of the PROtivitySM Growth System.
There are five steps to accelerate your productivity.
1) The first step is to create inspiring goals. These goals should be SMART: specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time bound. With the PROtivitySM Growth System, you’ll use the SMART model to make real progress toward the business of your dreams.
2) The second step is to work out of your priorities. So many entrepreneurs start their day by checking their email and then get lost in reacting to what others have sent to them. The PROtivitySM Growth System will teach you how to create a day-by-day and week-by-week plan based on what you need to accomplish.
3) The third step is about best practices. Through the PROtivitySM Growth System, you’ll learn to manage your to-do lists, email, and calendar. Over time, you’ll get better and better at using these practices until they’re second nature. It’s about progress, not perfection!
4) The fourth step is managing distractions and procrastination. Science tells us that we can’t truly multitask—so stop trying! You must turn off your distractions in order to achieve a state of true focus. With the PROtivitySM Growth System, I have identified six procrastination triggers and can teach you how to overcome them.
5) The fifth step is building new and better habits for the future. Our brain wants to make everything a habit because this reduces the energy we expend when thinking about new things. But the brain can’t tell the difference between a good habit and a bad one. The PROtivitySM Growth System provides simple steps to follow in order to make new, good habits that will help you meet your business goals.
I’ll dig deeper into each of these steps in future blogs.
Are you ready to escape the knowing/doing gap? If so, take the short quiz at productivitycheckup.com. If it’s time for you to join the growing number of entrepreneurs finding huge success with the PROtivitySM Growth System, set up a PROtivitySM readiness review call by using the link below. In just 45 minutes, I can find $30 to $50,000 or more in untapped revenue for any small business.
I look forward to talking with you very soon!